We reserve the right to change and/or update this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you frequently visit this page. We are bound by the Privacy Act and we manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
2. Information we collect
When you visit the website, we may collect a range of personal information to assist us in providing relevant products and services. The information we collect could include (but is not limited to):
- Your IP address.
- Your contact information and email address.
- Other information such as interests and preferences.
- Data profile regarding your online behaviour on our website.
- Postal or residential address.
We may also collect the following, when necessary:
- Financial information such as the name of your bank, income or your employer.
- Information about your family, spouse, defacto or relationships.
- Details about properties you own.
We will not usually collect sensitive information but will do so only in the case that:
- You have consented to it being collected.
- It is necessary for the services we are performing.
- We are required or authorised to collect the information by law.
It may be the case that sensitive information is revealed unintentionally when requesting other information, for example:
- Supplying information about your spouse may reveal information about sexual orientation.
- Supplying information about specific needs from a property may reveal health-related information.
3. Why we collect your information
We use, manage, collect, hold and protect your information for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our website according to your online behaviour and personal preferences.
- To connect you with a our third-party organisations for your benefit.
- Assisting with your questions and complaints.
- Internal operations, such as record keeping, data analytics, auditing or training.
4. Safeguarding and securing the information
Offset Property is committed to securing your information and keeping it confidential. Offset Property has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
Below outlines how we gather, utilise, impart and reveal and make utilization of individual data:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
The information we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs.
The information we collect by these electronic means is generally not stored for long they are temporary records and can include device-specific data or log data such as your IP address, device screen size, device type, browser information, referring domain, pages visited, the date and time website pages were visited, and geographic location.
Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
6. Links to other websites
7. Restricting the collection of your personal information
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal information. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling out forms on our website, you may be able to leave a box unchecked if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
8. Complaints about privacy
If you have any queries or are concerned about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed and you wish to make a complaint, please email our compliance team at [email protected]